Repetitive movement of materials as they proceed through the manufacturing process was one of the first applications where automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) excelled, and Transbotics’ AGVs continue to serve this important application every day.
Providing an automated link between manufacturing cells and different manufacturing processes allows for fully automated manufacturing. The Transbotics traffic manager database timestamps and tracks all material movement to provide a permanent record for reports and future reference. Benefits of using an AGV System include:
- Improved safety with AGVs that move in a controlled and predictable manner with safety sensors for obstacle detection.
- Reduced labor costs by eliminating simple jobs related to material movement, and reassigning those workers to areas where they can add more value to the company’s products.
- Reduced product damage with gentle handling of loads.
- Improved material tracking is easy with computer controlled vehicles which communicate with plant controls.
- Little to no plant modifications/bulky conveyors needed – which represent permanent obstacles and are inflexible for future plant modification.
To learn more about how Transbotics’ automation solutions can be applied to your applications please click the button below.